Recently I have been experiencing problems with my “Da Vinci” Junior entry-level 3d printer. Last year I bought a new print head With a 0.3mm nozzle instead of 0.4mm. It keeps jamming and has now totally refused to co-operate.
Searching for a replacement I found that Amazon have a reasonable price but no stock. The only stock available was in the USA, and the price before shipping was marginally less than a new entry-level (apparently intended for schools) printer.
So I ordered a replacement head from Amazon for when they become available and as a stop-gap bought a “Labists” mini-printer. I am delighted with the results.
The Labists printer requires more “hands on” work from the operator, but in by view that’s better than not allowing you to make your own decisions. One advantage not mentioned in the handbook is the ability to change spools when one runs out mid-print, with a bit of dextrous juggling.
In the past 24 hours I have made these two models (reduced scale from someone else’s design) based on St Bartholomew’s Cathedral in Pilsen. They are for 3mm and 2mm games.
The buildings they need to sit with are shown beside the new models. Although the larger model is more compatible with the smaller scale houses, the main criterion was the size of base it had to fit on, rather than a strict scale. It could be a smaller church!