Isn’t it amazing that the arrival of snow in places that do not generally expect it during their winter (e.g. England) always has the same effects?
- There is no other news topic.
- Some idiot drives too fast and blocks a major road for 10 hours.
- Kids rush out to build snowmen before it is too late.
- Schools are closed because the buses were cancelled and teachers apparently can’t drive in bad weather.
- The police ask people not to go outside unless absolutely necessary (i.e. to build snowmen).
- Very few people bother to go to work, partly due to points 2, 4 and 5.
- Everyone tweets how many centimetres/inches of snow they have.
- You turn on the TV and stare out of the window at a better display. On TV is nothing but pictures of other peoples’ snow.
- Lighting a fire suddenly becomes a nostalgic necessity.